3 days ago
BTS053, The 100th Podcast Episode: Ask Me Anything on Writing, Revision, Editing, and Self Publishing
Honestly, I can't believe I made it this far; it's mind-blowing. I know that's cliche, but it's how I feel when I see that episode number. Let's just say it has been a wild ride, a ride that is not yet over, and I'm glad I stuck with podcasting through those difficult times. And I've dabbled with a few great interviews and had my first-ever guests. It's been both challenging and fun all at once.
In the spirit of celebrating the 100th episode milestone, I'm going answer the top questions asked by my Blog Readers, YouTube Subscribers, and Podcast Listeners, and questions asked through my Ask A Question form on my website.
* How do I turn a page of notes (637 words) into a story?
* Should you self-publish an ebook, paperback and audiobook all on the same launch date or separately?
* Do I need separate ISBNs for a paperback novel published through KDP Print and Ingram Spark?
* Is it ok to post an unpublished novel on your blog?
* I've heard that blogging is dead. Is this true, and is it worth doing as a fiction author?
* Is it better to wait until you have more than one book in a series before
* When discovery writing, how do you ensure that all the scenes and chapters you write move the story forward and not end up being wasted words that are deleted during revisions?
* How do I know when it's time to finish revising and start working with an editor?
* Can you recommend an editor to me?
* Do I need developmental editing? It's very expensive, and I'm not sure if I can afford to spend that much money.
* How long did it take for you to get consistent book sales when publishing-wide?
Course, Podcasts, Books, and Tools Mentioned
Check Out the Show Notes ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/100th-episode/
TAP033, The Case for Outlining, Outlining Pitfalls, and Overcoming Writing Obstacles ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap033/
TAP034, From Idea to Outline: How to Outline a Novel (Part 1 of 3) ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap034/
TAP035, From Idea to Outline: How to Outline a Novel, (Part 2 of 3) ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap035/
TAP036, From Idea to Outline: How to Outline a Novel (Part 3 of 3) ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap036/
TAP037, How I Edit the Outline of a Novel Before Writing the First Draft ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap037/
TAP043, A Tale of Two Novels: My Experience Writing into the Dark ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/tap043/
Course on Writing into the Dark by Dean Wesley Smith (WMG Publishing) ⇢ https://wmg-publishing-workshops-and-lectures.teachable.com/p/writing-into-the-dark
Book on Writing into the Dark by Dean Wesley Smith ⇢ https://amzn.to/3LUjkNV *
Blogging as an Unpublished Fiction Author ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/blogging-unpublished-fiction-author/
ProBlogger ⇢ https://problogger.com/
Support the show by buying me a coffee ⇢ https://www.buymeacoffee.com/authoradhay
Got a burning question that you would love me to answer on the 100th episode ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/question/
Answers to Questions on Writing from Previous Shows ⇢ https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/question/faq/
Products I Recommend
Scrivener ⇢ https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener-affiliate.html?fpr=authorpreneurpod *
Grammarly Premium ⇢ https://www.grammarly.com/
Pro Writing Aid ⇢ https://prowritingaid.com/?afid=22911*
AutoCrit ⇢ https://www.autocrit.com/
Marlow/Authors.ai ⇢ https://authors.ai/marlowe/?awref=rt2q4bq7zq*
Fiverr ⇢ https://www.fiverr.com/
Other Useful Links
Looking for an affordable premade book cover? | https://levillainbookcovers.com/shop/ **
Be on the Podcast | https://authorpreneurpodcast.com/podcast/interview/
Host Your Author Website with SiteGround ⇢ https://www.siteground.com/go/authorpreneur*
My Books **
My Short Story, the Lawn | https://dl.bookfunnel.com/wi5nh80cx4
The Candidate | https://books2read.com/the-candidate
Suspicion | https://books2read.com/suspicion
Duplicity | https://books2read.com/duplicity-adhay/
The Locked Room | https://books2read.com/locked-room
Read Entitled to Murder on my blog | https://ameliadhay.com/entitled-to-murder-001/
Read Entitled to Murder on Wattpad | https://www.wattpad.com/story/245779659-entitled-to-murder-a-murder-mystery-book-club
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/indieauthorpod
RedBubble: https://www.redbubble.com/people/WriterADHay/shop ***
** This is a service or product offered by me
*** My bookish merchandise store