“We aren't weak. We don’t lack will power. We’re just humans trying to get by each day. The world is tough. It is difficult at the moment. We don’t need to beat ourselves up. Let’s be kind and compassionate to ourselves.”
Our guest on this episode of The Happy Pear Podcast is the amazing Dr Rangan Chatterjee. Rangan is a breathtaking human. He is a physician, author, television presenter, podcaster and much more. He has also been a medical doctor for more than 20 years and is a pioneer in the emerging field of progressive medicine.
Rangan is best known for his TV show ‘Doctor in the House’ and for being the resident doctor on legendary BBC One's Breakfast Show. He also writes for the Huffington Post and pens a monthly column on lifestyle medicine in Top Santé. His TV shows have been shown in more than 70 countries around the world and in 2017, he came 8th in the Pulse Power 50 list for influential GPs.
Simply put, Rangan is on a mission to simplify health. He believes that health has become far too confusing and that we need to get back to basics with a 360 degree approach to health through food and lifestyle.
Rangan is always so honest and passionate, and we learn something new every time we speak to him, so we’re delighted to bring this conversation to you and we really hope you enjoy it.
In this episode, Rangan takes us through:
- His childhood and how he now reflects on it
- The importance of getting out into nature
- His 4 pillars of health
- His approach to stress management
- Why journaling can be really supportive
- His approach to and learnings from parenthood
- Dealing with cravings and changing habits
- Truly understanding your goals for long term change
- Why we need good relationships and meaningful connections
- His definition of success and his journey to understanding it
- The need to be kind to ourselves
This is a wonderful conversation - we really loved it and we hope you take as many practical and useful nuggets from it as we did as an effective gratitude tool.
Dave & Steve
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.