- Whether should brands create their own mini voice assistants like Beeb - which kind of brands should consider this? Katherine explains
- The newly announced Interoperability Initiative will strive to ensure that voice activated devices will work with multiple digital assistants like Alexa and Siri at the same time.
- The two camps regarding what the voice-first future holds:
- A) People will mainly interact with just one assistant (see Adam Cheyer, co-founder of Siri Inc.)
- B) We will all use multiple voice assistants
- C) A middle ground of master and mini assistants - Dave explains how Alexa could launch Beeb (BBC's assistant) or Spot (Spotify's assistant) - and Beeb would be the master of that smaller domain / use case, making a better overall experience
- Alexa eventually functioning as an App Store - but for voice
- Plus, how devices like Echo Buds and Echo Frames fit in to a world of mini voice assistants
- What is the potential of Echo Buds to allow us to access web content we have never thought of as audio enabled?
- Echo Frames could be quite powerful to usher us into a world where the input is pure voice but the output/response is multimodal (visual and audio) - Katherine makes a great point here
Dave Kemp, Business Development Manager at Oaktree Products, Inc.
Katherine Prescott, Founder & Editor at VoiceBrew
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.