GM of Patagonia on how a business can be a force for good.
Patagonia is one of the most famous outdoor brands in the world and is also renowned for leading the pack when it comes to experimenting a different way of conceiving and running a business. It’s mission statement is bold and unusual : "We’re in business to save our home planet.”
In this episode, I talk to Ryan Gellert, General Manager of the EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa) region about the big challenges of our time and the role that a business can and should play in addressing these.
Interview recorded on March 10, 2020
#patagonia #transition #sustainability #businessforgood
- How do you look at the world today, what is at stake and what should we be spending more time discussing collectively?
- How is it possible to run a business whilst having a mission of saving the planet?
- What does Patagonia do differently from most companies? What is the playbook?
- Can it be applied to all companies? Are there some things unique to Patagonia that make it possible to act this way when other companies can’t?
- What are the structural hurdles that prevent companies from really changing?
- There is now a trend around environmentalism and sustainability is becoming a buzz word. All brands are coming up with big plans to become “sustainable” and save the planet. How do you see this at Patagonia?
- What is your take on leadership and maintaining your values at work?
- Do you think that the way our economy works can change, can our system can change, and can it be done soon enough?
- What do you recommend the CEOs / top leaders of any organisation should start or stop doing?
- What scares you, and what gives you hope, when you look at the world today?
- What are the two books that everyone should read?
Listen to the podcast on your favorite platforms
Apple podcast :https://apple.co/2Q1edh0
Spotify : https://spoti.fi/2U5R2pV
Youtube : https://bit.ly/2UlSW0V
Voir Acast.com/privacy pour les informations sur la vie privée et l'opt-out.