January 2022 Bonus Episode: Designing Backward to Move Forward
What is the goal of modern education, and are we designing our schools and practices properly to help us meet that goal? That’s the central question of this episode with Jay McTighe, who provides a detailed road map to help educators navigate the answers. What should a school’s mission statement actually include? What is the most productive and meaningful structure for “professional development” days? And what are we missing when we focus on covering content instead of designing our classrooms for deeper learning?
- Jay’s website: Follow his work and keep up with Jay’s latest news and thought leadership.
- Understanding by Design: Delve into the framework Jay developed with Grant Wiggins to help provide a planning process and structure for schools.
- Books by Jay: Add Jay’s published works to your reading list.
- Jay’s articles on ACSD: Read Jay’s writings on topics like “For School Leaders, Reviewing Isolated Lessons isn’t Enough,” “Assessing Deeper Learning After a Year of Change,” and more.
- What is Understanding by Design? Watch a video interview with Jay as he breaks down the key concepts of the framework.
- A Conversation on Assessment: Jay joins Carol Ann Tomlinson and Dylan Wiliam for a recorded webinar on assessment practices.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.