Colonial Pipeline ransom, Pixel 6 leaks, Biden's Venmo, Twitter Blue
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Hackers Nearly $5 Million in Ransom.
- Elliptic Follows the Bitcoin Ransoms Paid by Colonial Pipeline and Other DarkSide Ransomware Victims.
- Old photos fuel misinformation around gas shortages.
- Apple robbed the mob's bank.
- More about Apple's walled garden.
- Amazon Sidewalk launches June 8 with support for Tile trackers.
- Dan talks about his experience covering Qanon for CBS News.
- What to expect from Google I/O 2021.
- Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro leak reveals a totally new look and hardware.
- Google Plans to Double AI Ethics Research Staff.
- Apple parts ways with employee amid backlash.
- As much as $365 billion wiped off the cryptocurrency market after Tesla stops car purchases with bitcoin.
- Private-equity firm revives zombie fossil-fuel power plant to mine bitcoin.
- 'Twitter Blue' subscription service to include undo tweets feature and 'Collections,' priced at $2.99.
- Bill Gates reportedly left Microsoft's board amid probe into relationship with staffer.
- We Found Joe Biden's Secret Venmo. Here's Why That's A Privacy Nightmare For Everyone.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Wesley Faulkner, Dan Patterson, and Owen JJ Stone
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit