WWDC preview, hacking Tamagotchi, Nigeria suspends Twitter
- El Salvador looks to become the world's first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender.
- Hacking Group Anonymous Issue Veiled Threat to Elon Musk Over Crypto Market Trolling.
- USA Today resists FBI subpoena seeking data of those who read story on agents' shooting.
- Amazon Prime Day is June 21 and June 22.
- meh: A new deal every day at midnight.
- Huawei launches its own operating system on smartphones in challenge to Google Android.
- Twitter launches its first subscription service.
- Tesla Failed to Oversee Elon Musk's Tweets, SEC Argued in Letters.
- In Response to Oversight Board, Trump Suspended for Two Years; Will Only Be Reinstated if Conditions Permit.
- Facebook reverses policy protecting politicians from engaging in harmful speech.
- Trump blog page shuts down for good.
- Nigeria suspends Twitter operations, says platform 'undermines its corporate existence'.
- New iPad Pro: Amazing hardware in search of equally amazing software.
- WWDC 2021 preview: iOS 15, macOS 12, Macs, and much more
- Google Will Let You Opt Out of Being Tracked by Apps in Android 12.
- How I Hacked My Tamagotchi, Cheated Death, and Became a God.
- Google Pixel Buds A-Series Review: Price is Everything.
- FBI Director Compares Ransomware Challenge to 9/11.
- U.S. says ransomware attack on meatpacker JBS likely from Russia; cattle slaughter resuming.
- Colonial Pipeline Cyber Attack: Hackers Used Compromised Password.
- The Pentagon wants to use private rockets like SpaceX's Starship to deliver cargo around the world.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Florence Ion, Roberto Baldwin, and Harry McCracken
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit