When you’ve experienced something heartbreaking or even devastating, it’s easy to question if you’re on your way to healing.
Is it normal to feel this way? How do I stop hurting? Is this going to hurt forever? Maybe you’re even wondering: Is what I’m feeling a sign of trauma?
When this is happening, how can we move forward after we’ve experienced significant trauma?
With theological research and therapeutic insight, Lysa TerKeurst, Dr. Joel Muddamalle and licensed counselor Jim Cress will help you:
- Define what trauma is so you can better understand how it may be impacting your daily life in unexpected ways.
- Develop a strategy for recognizing and processing triggers so you aren't caught off guard when they come at you.
- Walk through a step-by-step process to free yourself from the hurt of your past and begin experiencing true healing today.
- Want more wisdom as you navigate hard relationship dynamics? Find practical next steps, powerful scriptures and timely guidance on how to set realistic, healthy boundaries in Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes. In the pages of this book, Lysa's personal counselor, Jim Cress, also provides therapeutic insight surrounding the topic of boundaries, helping you confidently apply what you read. Order the Proverbs 31-exclusive version here.
- Ready to take a personal next step in finding a Christian counselor? The American Association of Christian Counselors is a great place to find the right fit for you and your circumstances.
- Has the Therapy & Theology podcast helped you personally gain a fresh, biblical perspective for what you’re facing? Tell us about it by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. When you review and rate the podcast, it helps us reach even more people with biblical Truth and therapeutic wisdom.
Click here to view the transcript for this episode.