We can love people … but we can’t change them. So what can we do? Draw necessary, healthy boundaries. It may feel overwhelming or even unloving at times, but what if boundaries are the unlikely thing needed to help your most difficult relationships?
In this episode, Lysa TerKeurst, Dr. Joel Muddamalle and licensed counselor Jim Cress help you …
- Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep and implement healthier patterns.
- Discern what types of boundaries you may need in your relationships so you can live in the peace you really long for.
- Be encouraged as you find boundaries aren't just a good idea — they're a God idea.
- Want more wisdom as you navigate hard relationship dynamics? Find practical next steps, powerful scriptures and timely guidance on how to set realistic, healthy boundaries in Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes. In the pages of this book, Lysa's personal counselor, Jim Cress, also provides therapeutic insight surrounding the topic of boundaries, helping you confidently apply what you read. Order the Proverbs 31-exclusive version here.
- Ready to take a personal next step in finding a Christian counselor? The American Association of Christian Counselors is a great place to find the right fit for you and your circumstances.
- Has the Therapy & Theology podcast helped you personally gain a fresh, biblical perspective for what you’re facing? Tell us about it by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. When you review and rate the podcast, it helps us reach even more people with biblical Truth and therapeutic wisdom.
Click here to view the transcript for this episode.