Feb 13, 2023
Sex and Diabetes, with Janis Roszler PhD, RD, CDCES
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES® – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
Sex and Diabetes – Featuring Janis Roszler PhD, RD, CDCES
Let’s talk about sex baby! Sex is one of those topics that is considered “taboo” yet a topic most people have questions about. So, we’re inviting marriage, family and sex therapist Dr. Janis Roszler to take the shame out of the sex conversation. We’ll discuss how diabetes can affect your sex life and tips for not letting your diabetes get in the way of an intimate moment. We’re also talking about ways to build (or rebuild) a sexual connection and how to take the pressure off “performing” in the bedroom. You may giggle, you may blush, but most of all you may get answers to those questions you were too afraid to ask.
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
* Why is sex and diabetes an important topic to talk about?
* How do I introduce diabetes into my new relationship?
* What’s a good tip couples can use when diabetes gets in the way of an intimate moment?
* Does diabetes cause erectile dysfunction? What can I do if I'm experiencing ED?
* What are the 8 types of intimacy?
* How can I take the pressure off of “performing” in the bedroom?
* What are your recommendations for watching porn?
* How does a couple build a sexual connection?
* How do you keep things fun in the bedroom (sex toys, vibrators, etc.)?
* How do I approach possibly wanting to see a sex therapist? Where can I find a sex therapist?
* What are other reliable resources you recommend to learn more about realistic sex and intimacy?
The Secrets of Living and Loving with Diabetes: Three Experts Answer Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask- Janis Roszler PhD, RD, CDCES; William H. Polonsky PhD, CDECES; and Steven V. Edelman MD
Come As You Are - Emily Nagoski
She Comes First - Ian Kerner
The Penis Book - Aaron Spitz, M.D.
Sexplanations - Dr. Lindsey Doe
**Tune in for 2 new episodes each month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!** ★ Support this podcast ★