Nov 4, 2020
Beyond The Surface ft. The Monk Dude (Dada Nabhaniilananda)
In this first episode, I, Abhinav Jain, interviewed The Monk Dude (Dada Nabhaniilananda), a yoga monk, an Award-Winning Songwriter, a Meditation Instructor, and an Author.
Dada is a meditation instructor, an author, a keynote speaker, and a musician. Born in New Zealand, he was ordained as a yoga monk in India in 1979. He has performed and spoken in more than 40 countries, including in Brazil in 1992 where he appeared on stage with the Dalai Lama before 10,000 people. His book on meditation, Close Your Eyes & Open Your Mind, is available in twelve languages. Dada has taught Meditation, Creativity & Enlightened Leadership at organizations including Google, Apple, PayPal, CISCO, Facebook, NVIDIA, LAM Research, UC Berkeley, and UC Santa Cruz.
The guest shared his journey of becoming a monk and why is on a mission to inspire everyone to practice meditation twice a day. He will accept no excuse and will not relent until you submit. "It is for your own good," - says Dada Nabhaniilananda.
In this episode you'll learn:
* My journey to being depressed and overcoming it.
* My journey of finding a meditation practice.
* What is "mantra" and its science.
* The journey of becoming a monk.
* Why Dada Nabhaniilanands loves mediations.
* How do you cognitively enjoy mediation?
* Strong effects of chanting in the group.
* The key intakes from studies & researches on meditation.
* Differences between chanting and silence meditation.
* Life realizations and spiritual realization.
* Power of Intellect, Rationality vs. spiritual awakening.
* What are you supposed to do on Earth?
Also, mentioned in the podcast:
Moojibaba, a Jamaican spiritual teacher based in the UK and Portugal.
Sadhguru, an Indian yogi and author.
Follow Dada Nabhaniilananda here:
Youtube Channel: @TheMonkDude
Linked In: @TheMonkDude
Keep up with Abhinav Jain:
Listen to #TRAAE on Spotify, Apple Podcast, and Youtube.
Follow #LetYourLifeBlossom on Instagram & LinkedIn
Want to know my thoughts? Check out my blogs and newsletter here.
Let's grow together - #blossom into our full potential