We read the BBC Article about Caitlin Wilde: 'I was ashamed to ask for help' and wanted to put something together about sex and cancer to help anyone else in a similar situation.
In this episode you will hear:
- Young people bravely opening up about sex, relationships, dating, fertility and cancer.
- The impact of cancer on sex: Discomfort, body image, confidence and not knowing how to ask for help.
- About how the advice they were given by their medical teams surrounding these issues was very minimal, despite this being a very important part of a young person’s life.
- Discussion on treatment induced menopause and erectile dysfunction.
- Excellent advice, problem solving and signposting with Psychosexual Therapist Angela Gregory.
Resources Angela talks about include:
Enhance UK Love Lounge
‘Users Guide to the Penis’
Erectile Dysfunction info
Dr Karen Gurney TEDx Talk
Emily Nagoski ‘Come As You Are’