Henry is articulate, eloquent, funny and brutally honest.
During this conversation, among many things, we discuss:
· Henry’s experience of transitioning from eminent neurosurgeon to cancer patient.
· How a rational person can entertain irrational thoughts.
· The challenges of hormone therapy for prostate cancer.
· Finding the balance between empathy and detachment.
· What he thinks makes a good doctor.
· Hope – finding the balance between realism and optimism.
· Decision making as a neurosurgeon and as a patient.
· Failure as a doctor.
· Henry’s relationship with running.
· Why he believes assisted dying should be legalised and his thoughts about death.
· Why being a doctor still can be the best job in the world.