In this episode they discuss:
- Tony’s life as a professional footballer and the winning mentality that he still has to this day.
- Tony’s diagnosis of Lymphoma and how it was the ‘kick up the backside’ that he needed.
- How even despite his diagnosis, he went on to do incredible things such as becoming an Ambassador for Lymphoma Action, trekking in the arctic raising £6000 for charity and even starting up his own charity, Briteside, to support people affected by cancer.
- How some of the skills that he learnt as a footballer, including being incredibly resilient, helped him to navigate through his cancer treatment.
- How writing a blog gave him a purpose whilst he was going through treatment.
- The incredible work that Tony is doing with support groups that he has set up in his local community, including his plans to set up more support groups specifically for family and friends of those with cancer, as well as those who have been bereaved.
Lymphoma Action - https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/
Briteside - https://www.britesidecic.org/home