In this episode we discuss:
- Learning to thrive after life changing surgery
- How Sally's perception of her prosthesis and her body has changed over the years
- How the 2012 paralympics was her inspiration for realising that sport was still a possibility despite her amputation
- How she fell into the world of elite sport almost by chance
- How cancer has taught her to say yes to opportunities
- How you start to cycle on a hill if you only have one leg
- How Sally dealt with being diagnosed with cancer a second time
- The practicalities of living as an amputee and the pros and cons of using a prosthesis.
Sally epitomises tenacity and resilience and what it means to ‘move against cancer’. She is self-effacing and modest to a fault.
You will come away from this conversation with an urge to ‘say yes’ to something that scares you.