Erin’s now taken a temporary step back from rowing to finish her treatment but in the meantime, is using her platform to raise awareness of breast cancer in younger women and highlight the importance of early detection. Erin is an incredibly articulate speaker and has mastered the art of finding the silver linings that can come with adversity.
Discussion points include:
- The role of a cox in a rowing boat and the importance of the team.
- Balancing treatment with rowing and making difficult compromises.
- The frustrations that cancer treatment rarely sticks to plan and how she overcomes these.
- Learning to accept support from those who care about her but doing so on her terms.
- Communicating what she needs and wants (and conversely what she doesn’t need and want) from those in her camp.
- Choosing to share her treatment experience publicly.
- Turning challenges into opportunity and looking for silver linings.
- Erin’s changing room challenge.
Watch Erin’s BBC interview that went viral HERE.
Coppafeel Instagram and website.