In this episode, I continue the discussion with Business Development Consultant, Randy T. Rowe, about Personal Financial Freedom. We speak about more tips on credit card use, being employed vs self-employed, how much you need to start to invest in the stock market, and so much more.
- How would you say being employed to a company vs being self-employed changes your trajectory?
- Credit Cards - How to use them, Interest rates, credit card debt
- What are some cool financial resources you use - Planet Money (Podcast; NPR), Rich Dad Poor Dad (Book), The Game of Thrones (HBO Series), Succession (HBO Series), The Intelligent Investor (Benjamin Graham)
- Why renting can be better than buying a house?
- Should people feel ashamed about the amount of money they invest in their first stock purchase?
- How can he be found - @RTRowe and website, http://everymickle.com
- Final words on personal financial freedom
This episode was recorded at, and is sponsored by THE HUB COWORKING
:Are you a self-employed Jamaican? An entrepreneur in need of a workspace? Well, a coworking space may be what you are looking for, and The Hub is just that!Coworking is designed to solve the problems of removing traditional office overheads by providing a low cost, aesthetically pleasing space with all the amenities of an office. All this, while facilitating an environment of collaboration, community and a network that can propel your business to the next level.Services include:
- Complimentary Coffee- Complimentary Wifi- Flexible Membership Plans- Private Offices- Conference Room- Meeting Lounge- Business Address- Receptionist- Printing, Copying & Scanning- Affiliate services
Find out more information about The Hub
, by visiting their website www.hubcoworkingja.com
, giving them a call at 876-831-2765 or 876-833-4612
or paying them a visit at 34 Lady Musgrave Road, Unit #18, Kingston 5, Jamaica
. The Hub Coworking, ‘Working Better Together’
RANDY T. ROWE WEBSITE/SOCIAL MEDIA - EVERYMICKLE.COMhttp://everymickle.comI don’t Save and You Shouldn’t Either - Randy T. Rowehttp://www.twitter.com/RTRowe BOOKSThe Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Grahamhttps://amzn.to/32aQu2rRich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosakihttps://amzn.to/2xuzdTN
- Be observant. Observe the financial market.
- Map your expenses
- Look at recurrent expenses
- People should invest in stocks
- Invest in something that should give you the safest, largest growth towards your goal.
- Goal-oriented Saving - Decide the cost of what you want and work backwards, then figure out what investment products in the market or things you have that can generate that income.
- Wait until you are absolutely ready for a credit card
- When you get a credit card get one with a limit that is less than they are offering and at a level that you know you can manage.
Consume this podcast at:http://talktruthja.com
orhttp://marioevon.com/talk-truthAS WELL AS ON:
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL3RhbGstdHJ1dGgtamE
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/talk-truth-with-mario-evon/id1462859890
Pocket Casts: https://pca.st/Uokq
Radio Public: https://radiopublic.com/talk-truth-with-mario-evon-WPJvpQ
Overcast: https://overcast.fm/itunes1462859890/talk-truth-with-mario-evonConnect with Mario Evon at:
Snapchat: @MarioEvonConnect with Talk Truth at:
Email: email@example.comTwitter: http://twitter.com/TalkTruthJa
If you are interested in being a guest
, complete the following form:http://smarturl.it/TalkTruthGuest
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, with topics that you'd like us to discuss and any feedback you may have.
In your social media posts, tag ME, @MarioEvon
and use hashtags #TalkTruthJA
Music for Podcast: Reggae Meets Soul (Outro) - Mario Evon
Artwork Photo by Tiffany Lue Yen Photography
.Special thanks to Wayne Guthrie for assistance with Audio Engineering.NOTABLE QUOTES:
“No one has ever gotten wealthy from a 9-5.” - Randy T. Rowe
“You have to own equity in something to be wealthy.” - Randy T. Rowe
“Credit cards are like plastic money that I already have.” - Mario Evon
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★