In this episode (028), I speak to Tameka A. Coley, aka Tami Tsansai (@tamitsansai
), a Multidisciplinary Artist (Author/Mental Health Advocate etc.) about Mental Health and Creativity. She speaks about her personal journey with mental health and how it inspired her work as an author, and we discuss tips and healthy mental health practices for the creative.
Huge thanks to Podcorn (https://podcorn.com/
) for sponsoring this episode. Explore sponsorship opportunities and start monetizing your podcast by signing up here: https://podcorn.com/podcasters/
In this episode we covered the following:
WHERE TO FIND TAMI:
- Who is Tameka A. Coley (aka Tami Tsansai)?
- What are some of the creative things that you have done and currently do?
- Would you say writing is one of the creative skills that you love the most?
- Tell us about food styling?
- Tell us about your book, ‘Hard Gal Fi Dead: Musings, Poems, Notes to Self’ and describe the cover to the listeners?
- Did you write along the way or did you write after the experiences?
- Tell us a bit about the leadup to your admission to the hospital?
- What made you choose to become a mental health advocate?
- Tell me a bit about how mental health has affected your creativity?
- What are depressive symptoms?
- What are some of the things that you do to maintain balance?
- Are you consistent with journaling and do you do it in a book or online?
- Imposter Syndrome
- Final words on mental health and creativity.
- Which part of Jamaica yu come from?
For everything Tami, check out her LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/tamitsansai
Purchase her book here → Hard Gal Fi Dead: Musings, Poems, Notes to Self
Consume this podcast at:http://talktruthja.com
orhttp://marioevon.com/talk-truthAS WELL AS ON:
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL3RhbGstdHJ1dGgtamE
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/talk-truth-with-mario-evon/id1462859890
Pocket Casts: https://pca.st/Uokq
Radio Public: https://radiopublic.com/talk-truth-with-mario-evon-WPJvpQ
Overcast: https://overcast.fm/itunes1462859890/talk-truth-with-mario-evonConnect with Mario Evon at:
Snapchat: @MarioEvonConnect with Talk Truth at:
Email: email@example.comTwitter: http://twitter.com/TalkTruthJa
If you are interested in being a guest
, complete the following form:http://smarturl.it/TalkTruthGuest
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, with topics that you'd like us to discuss and any feedback you may have.
In your social media posts, tag ME, @MarioEvon
and use hashtags #TalkTruthJA
Music for Podcast: Reggae Meets Soul (Outro) - Mario Evon
.Photo in Podcast Artwork by Tiffany Lue-Yen
“Give yourself room to fail. Give yourself room to be tired. Be kind to yourself.” - Tameka A. Coley
“Creatives cut yourself some slack and have a way to ground yourself when you need it.” - Tameka A. Coley
“Be kind to yourself.” - Tameka A. Coley
“Have a daily practice of checking in with yourself.” - Tameka A. Coley
“Mental health is the most precious thing you have, so take care of it first.” - Tameka A. Coley
“If you need additional help, don’t be afraid to get it. Therapy is amazing!” - Tameka A. Coley
“Get into the habit of knowing what your needs are and meeting them by yourself.” - Tameka A. Coley
“A bare goodie come from Silo.” - Tameka A. Coley
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★