Speak The Truth
EP. 52 Navigating Fear & Anxiety: COVID-19's Modified Impact on Our Normalcy
Apr 6, 2020 · 29 min
- The hosts start riffing about how COVID-19 has impacted everyone in some measure and trying to find a new normal.
- Please pray for Jeremy's wife, Lynne as she continues to fight on the front lines here in Fort Worth.
- Proverbs 12.25 - without a good word ( a word of real hope), how do those without Christ navigate this?
- There is no neutrality, there has to be something stronger, like faith, to combat the anxiety where it replaces the anxious heart and thoughts.
- because there is no neutrality in the heart of man, if there is no object of faith stronger than the object of anxiety to cast that out then how can one manage - legitimately.
- Rom. 8.35-39 - God's promises are objects of faith to cast out the objects of fear and anxiety.
- Worry assumes the allusion of control on things we aren't in control over. - David Powlison
- 1 Pet. 5.6-10
- Phil 4.8-9