– Salem Heights, Lead Pastor, Justin Greene,
– Carl Chica, Pastor of pastoral care & counseling
– Bringing biblical counseling in their local church context, origin, and development of biblical counseling in their church; the impact in the local church and in the community at large.
– The ministry started to happen naturally; given the need and just starting counseling as the need came.
– It began small but had a quick and immediate impact within the body, so they started equipping the lay leaders in their church.
– Being a light in a dark place like Oregon where the need is so great.
– Be Bold - Street Ministry going back into the streets that they were delivered from.
– Identifying leaders; observing those who were responding richly to the Word of God, who do people go to when they're having problems, etc.
– Having a person aside from you so we don’t isolate - having a person walking alongside the struggling.
– They hired a pastor to build the counseling ministry.
– What’s the need? Determining the need determines the process and decision of the counseling ministry.
– We’re working together, it's an “in tandem” approach.
– Pursue discipleship, be available to others; leaders don’t have to wait, serve now.
– Pastor’s don’t have to be territorial, they just need to be available.
– Paul needed a Barnabas, so find them, and cultivate them, and launch them out in your church.
Episode Resources: Made To Minister Website & ResourcesSalem Heights Church
Email Questions To: email@example.com