The Holy Spirit in counseling.
- How does the Holy Spirit apply what Christ accomplished? He is the one who brings change, real change. Not behavioral modification, etc.
- John 14:15-17
- The Spirit is the one who brings about change, His timing.
- Who is the Holy Spirit
- He regenerates God's people(jn. 3.5; Titus 3.5)
- He produces conviction of sin(Jn. 16.8)
- He reveals truth through God’s Word(Jn. 16.13)
- See the rest: pg. 122 of biblical counseling basics; its roots, beliefs, and future.
- The third person of the trinity, the Holy Spirit has claimed the terrain of human flourishing. Pg.122
- How can we apply this to the local church?
- The Holy Spirit is more committed to the process of change for an individual than we can accomplish. In other words, we don’t possess the power to make someone change, that is, and can only be accomplished by the Spirit of God.
- God uses three change agents; people, circumstances, and spiritual disciplines.
- Be public with our weaknesses
Show Resources Mentioned: When God Weeps - Joni Eareckson TadaJoni's talk from the 2017 Called to Counsel Conference - Video