EP. 83 Reaching The Unreached Deaf & Hard of Hearing Community: Interview W/The Burgeron's of Austin Stone Community Church
The need in the deaf communityStatistics:
- 90% of deaf children are born to hearing parents
- 85% of mothers learn to sign and about 2% of fathers learn to sign
- so most don't learn to communicate in their heart language(sign language).
- The deaf is considered an unreached people group, so less than 2% of the deaf community are believers in America.
- 70 Million deaf and hard of hearing people in the world.
- Fall of 2020 a bible was translated into the heart language(sign language)
- Sunshine Interpreters
- Deaf Millennial Project
- Deaf Bible Society