EP. 73 ABC Certification Pathway: Cultivating A Biblical Counseling Paradigm In The Local Church
- ABC's aim through the certification pathway to help equip the local church - a pastor in helping shepherd the local church - but also the professional to help better apply the bible in their practice.
- Our pathway provides a foundational process in which to grow while allowing one to practically apply the truth as one learns; so our methodology creates the ability to cultivate a biblical counseling paradigm in the local church.
- The certification parameter creates a culture of accountability and provides a pathway to becoming equipped in how to apply the gospel of Jesus Christ to everyday life.
- Level 1 Certification Objectives
- Develop a biblical philosophy of the Christian life that includes active involvement in a community of believers.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of counseling that emphasizes the call of all believers to take part in the work of counseling and discipleship.
- Understand the basic meaning of biblical counseling.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the general and specific methods of biblical counseling.
- Cover various counseling-related issues that include depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, and sexuality.
- Level 2 Certification Objectives
- Develop basic practical skills in the personal ministry of God’s word with people. These basic skills include careful listening, helping people open up, conveying compassion, grace, and mercy, and guiding constructive ministry conversations.
- Develop more advanced skills in the personal ministry of God’s word with people. These more advanced skills include responding patiently to difficult ministry conversations, discerning counseling problems from within a biblical worldview, helping people understand and apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in daily life, and more.
- Grow in Christian maturity as a minister of the gospel. That is, learn to be humble, repentant, and dependent upon the Holy Spirit in heart and life while ministering to others.
- Broaden your general knowledge of Scripture as it relates to life and struggles while also broadening the strategic and careful application of the Scripture to specific people and their situations.
- Learn how to depend on the Holy Spirit during the process of change.
- Develop a genuine love for others, and active, daily prayer life.
- Level 3 Certification Objectives