Jonathan discusses his heart behind his book, "Counsel for Couples: A Biblical and Practical Guide for Marriage Counseling", and as a pastor and biblical counselor, discusses the need for the local church to have marriage counseling available in the local church. He expresses the urgency for the local church to have a "culture of care" and to promote preventative ministries. This book is unique because it could be used for lay leaders, church leaders, and leadership development....A must have resource!
A Few Points:
- There isn’t really anything available that speaks directly to lay people, church leaders who could use it as a resource., user friendly, helpful as soon as you pick it up.
- Using this book for leadership development would be extremely useful.
- Fieldstone grew outside of the church.
- Pastors move from scripture to life and counselors are trying to move from life to scripture. -
- For pastors who are preaching week to week; if you’re trying to move from Scripture to life, all counseling is, is moving from life to scripture.
- Don’t counsel alone, bring others in with you. Reduplicate yourselves.
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Promote preventative ministries.
Resources From Episode"