Daniel is the co-author of the book "The Good Parts of AWS" and previously worked at AWS on the CloudWatch team. He left last year after over 8 years at Amazon to work on his own projects.
He's currently working on an end-to-end encrypted user database SaaS called Userbase. Daniel is also openly sharing his experiences building an audience, writing a book, and building Userbase on twitter.
We talk about:
Daniel VassalloOther Links
- Why AWS has so many services
- His default AWS stack and how he chose it (Dynamo, SQS, S3 and EC2)
- Why he uses EC2 over ECS or EBS
- Why services like RDS and ElastiCache aren't in his book
- The difference between SQS and Kinesis
- Why AWS will probably never build a Heroku-like service
- The future of AWS