Vincent is the creator of Zola
(Formerly Gutenburg), a Static Site Generator built with Rust
, a Jinja2-like template engine.
If you create a site with Zola, Vincent would appreciate you adding your site to the EXAMPLES
file in the repository.
You can also take a look at the source for this website
which is currently built with Zola.Vincent ProuilletZolaTools/Crates used by ZolaStatic Site HostsCrates for Web ApplicationsCompiled Template Engines
Runtime Template EnginesStatic Site GeneratorsOther linksTimestamps
- [00:00:19] What's a static site generator?
- [00:03:12] How easy is it to build and edit a site?
- [00:07:18] Why create a new static site generator?
- [00:11:55] The Tera template engine and Vincent's experience building it
- [00:17:13] Creating filters and tests to use with Tera
- [00:23:49] What's a taxonomy?
- [00:25:08] Mapping content to URLs
- [00:30:13] The experience of being an open source maintainer
- [00:33:17] Rust crates and features used by Zola
- [00:36:17] How the Rust ecosystem ensured fast performance
- [00:39:55] Is Rust ready for web applications?
- [00:42:45] What applications are best suited to Rust now?
- [00:46:10] Issues or things you wish existed in Rust?
- [00:50:28] Helping out with Zola