Apr 15, 2021
How to Create Boundaries in Work and Life with Minaa B: The Next Right Step, Part 1
It’s been a year since the pandemic hit, and we all are trying to make sense of life as much as we can right now. This series focuses on the lessons we’ve learned after this year of quarantine, sharing insights and wisdom from our guests of The Next Right Step program.
For part one, Komal interviews Minaa B, licensed therapist and boundaries expert. In this episode we learn how to create strong boundaries and how to honour ourselves and those we love in the process. We also explore how to navigate boundaries with work, how to navigate the fear that can come when creating and sustaining boundaries and more.
Part One: Boundaries Are Self-Care with Minaa B.
* [4:50] - Komal shares her TNRS interview with Minaa B about boundaries and self care. They talk about what boundaries are, the five dimensions of self-care, and how you can connect with them to set boundaries in your life.
* [12:46] - Minaa B. tells us how setting boundaries can create guilt, and even safety issues in some cases. She shares some advice on how we can work through guilt, and what we can do in circumstances when things feel unsafe.
* [17:00] - How we can change the way that we respond to circumstances and other people rather than changing our boundaries, and how we can stand up for them.
* [22:35] - How we can choose who to trust when considering who we are going to in our life when we are looking for validation, support, knowledge, affirmation, or different considerations when it comes to what is on our heart.
* [30:51] - Boundaries around work and energy management: what does it look like to do this during a pandemic?
* [41:13] - Implementing new boundaries with ourselves and others can be anxiety-inducing. How we can work through the fear that comes with change, and continue doing things that are good for us?
* [47:00] - Komal and Minaa share what is next in their lives and careers.
If you aren’t already, be sure to give our podcast a follow on Instagram @lessonslearned.co account where we will be sharing weekly resources and advice for you to chew on life’s lessons.
To submit a lesson to be discussed on the show, or to submit a potential guest, visit: www.komal.com.
Lessons Learned is hosted and produced by Komal Minhas. Produced and Visual Designed by Renira Naidu. Content by Daniela Ochoa.
Video Production and Audio Editing by Madison Foran. Music by Smith the Mister, Soyb, and Amine Maxwell.