Lindsay Williams of Lindsay Does Languages is a co-founder of Women in Language, the creator of Language Stories, and is passionate about language learning.
In this episode, Lindsay Williams joins us to discuss traveling around the world while learning languages, recording her docuseries and podcast Language Stories, and what it’s like being a “language dabbler”.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Moving to Costa Rica for three months at 18 years old
- Her experience traveling around the world with her husband Ashley creating Language Stories
- Advice for learning indigenous languages (Guarani)
- Keeping up language learning while backpacking around Latin America
- Maximizing immersion experiences
- Plan of action for learning a language before a big trip
- Being a “language dabbler”
- Habit stacking, habit chaining, and time management
- Language learning systems, goals, and routines
- How to teach and be taught languages