Bestie bros Mike (aka Duncecap) and Tim (aka Samurai Banana) wax poetic about video game DRM, ROMs, and emulators.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Scoring sweet preorder loot
- The thrill of burning stuff, virtually (Little Inferno)
- What DRM is and it means to be DRM-Free
- When good games go out of print (AVP2, Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, Simpsons Hit & Run)
- Mythbusting: Digging Up The E.T. Atari Game & Disney Sues Daycare
- Emulators and the gentle art of save-scumming (Castlevania, Earthbound)
- Bugs, glitches, and other problems with emulators and ROMS
- Tim’s unhealthy fixation on ToeJam & Earl
- Spitballing ideas for video game adaptations of movies
Theme and interstitial music produced by Duncecap.
This episode of DUNCECAST WITH SAMURAI BANANA was edited and produced by Gary Suarez for the Cabbages Podcast Network. Learn more about Cabbages at www.cabbageshiphop.com