A few weeks ago, I got to have a great chat with James Deeney on the Meet the Podcasters podcast. In this episode, we talk about Code Story and how we craft the narratives for the stories. We dig into the editing, the workflow, and the inspiration that started it all.
Link to the episode: https://www.podcast.co/inspire/noah-labhart-code-story
- 02:22 – How Noah first got into podcasting
- 07:30 – Plans to launch a company podcast for Veryable
- 09:20 – Similarities between starting a company and starting a podcast
- 11:45 – Hiring a podcast team
- 14:10 – How Noah initially financed Code Story
- 16:30 – Why podcast quality is so important
- 18:30 – Communicating clearly and avoiding tech jargon
- 22:00 – How to conduct relaxed and conversational interviews
- 27:00 – Editing interviews to craft a narrative
- 29:30 – How music is added to Code Story
- 33:00 – Why Noah decided to produce Code Story in seasons
- 37:00 – Strategies Noah used to build his audience
- 40:30 – Promoting a podcast in relevant online communities
- 44:20 – Finding and pitching to podcast sponsors
- 50:15 – Noah’s predictions on the future of podcast tech
Amazing tools we use:
- If you want the best publishing platform for your podcast, with amazing support & people – use Transistor.fm.
- Want to record your remote interviews with class? Then, you need to use Squadcast.
- Code Story uses the 1-click product ClipGain, sign up now to get 3hrs of podcast processing time FREE!
Credits: Code Story is hosted and produced by Noah Labhart, Co-produced and edited by Bradley Denham. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Google Play, Breaker, YouTube, or the podcasting app of your choice.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/code-story/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands