Are you interested in learning more about coaching certification?
ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) Path
ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Path
Empathy: “I will take the train to vulnerable city any time.” ~ Julie “The open express.” ~Laura
- Affinity/Identity needs
What’s your story? (opening line or introduction)
Clearing -- ways to get the things out of their head & remove the distractions before moving into the coaching session
Asking the “HOW” and “WHAT” questions, and avoiding the “WHY” - we don’t need the information, context, history, etc.
We need to work on our best listening: facial expressions, verbal responses, non-verbals, and emotions -- maybe?
- Leading as a coach through visual expressions or reactions (verbal) (Laura)
- Be okay with the silence while thinking as a coach; breaking role (Julie)
- BONUS ASK: What question should I be asking you now?
To work on for Agenda Setting/Structure in coaching:
- Identify a topic or issue your coaching client wants to talk about
- Why is this issue/topic significant?
- What do you want to come from this coaching session
- Agenda structure -- planning & returning to the agenda, or not?
- Checking in on the agenda with the client to redirect or other things that come up
- Timestamp to check in and review agenda
- Organized conversations
- Guidelines & bumpers do not need to restrictive
No Hard Feelings by Liz Fosslien & Mollie West Duffy + IG: https://www.instagram.com/lizandmollie/
Forward by Abby Wamback
Untamed by Glennon Doyle
How We Fight For Our Lives by Saeed Jones
Want to learn more about coaching? Have a question or topic we should discuss? Let us know!
Follow the pod on Twitter: @CoachingThruIt & Instagram: @CoachingThruIt
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect to the hosts: @laurapasquini & @julieclarsen
Music credit: The song reCreation by airtone has been remixed under a CC-BY license.