During coaching sessions with peers in their coach training cohort, Julie & Laura “practice coaching” -- which is to say they coach each other on real issues to implement the structure, concepts, and techniques we are learning from our coach training course. Here are some of their observations of this coach practice and what this means when we are “observed” with our coaching instructor, Katie.
We mention a few coaching tools and things we discuss during this episode:
- Exercise/Tool from Julie: “Give Me Three Words” + Let’s make a sentence for each of the words; narrowing to identify values/issues/goals/interests
- Defining Terms
- Trust the Client (always)
- Repeating & Affirming Statements
- Avoiding Interpretation as a Coach
- Making Space: for the coaching practice; OK Corral/Bumpers/Perimeter for Coaching
- Holding Space: for the client to clear, rant, reflect, etc.
- ICF Professional Coach Credentialing
- Laura’s Doodles to Reflect/Process
- Journaling (Reflective Writing) e.g. 1-minute journal prompts
To-Do Lists & Prioritization
Books & Podcasts:
Want to learn more about coaching? Have a question or topic we should discuss? Let us know!
Follow the pod on Twitter: @CoachingThruIt & Instagram: @CoachingThruIt
Email us at: email@example.com
Connect to the hosts: @laurapasquini & @julieclarsen
Music credit: The song reCreation by airtone has been remixed under a CC-BY license.