Feb 25, 2022
Reclaiming Your Ambition with Michael Bungay Stanier
In the latest episode of Minds & Mics, I chatted with Michael Bungay Stanier about his new book How to Begin: Start Doing Something That Matters and a range of topics, including the obligation we all have to be "doubly ambitious," why SMART goals aren't usually very smart, the case for working in 6-week cycles, and the genius of cartoonist Gary Larson.
* What makes a book useful?
* The Coaching Habit
* Being “doubly ambitious”
* How to think about overwhelm: realistic, consistent, grace
* Working in 6-week cycles
* Why Michael hates SMART goals
* Should we follow our passion?
* Relaxing into commitment
* Prizes and punishments of maintaining the status quo
* The Call of the Wild (Gary Larson)
* The value of the humble pros and cons list
Learn more about Michael and his work here:
* How to Begin: Start Doing Something That Matters (Book)
* Michael's Website
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.