Nick and Daniel trade off describing their favorite myths and misconceptions about insomnia and sleep.
- Does everyone need 8 hours of sleep per night?
- Should I go to bed at the same time every night?
- The crucial difference between feeling tired and feeling sleepy
- If I’m not getting 8 hours of sleep, am I at risk for major health issues?
- Do I need to avoid blue light before bed?
- Do things cause insomnia or beliefs about things? See also: Nick's Complete Guide to Insomnia
- The problem with sleep hygiene
- Sleep is more about what you don’t do than what you do.
Sleep effort and the perfect metaphor for insomnia
- Is it important to get an even number of sleep cycles?
- Beware the Sleep Hygiene Industrial Complex
- If I have a big day coming up, should I get into bed early?
- Can I pay off my long-term sleep debt?
- How important is it to understand what caused my insomnia?
- Triggering factors vs maintaining factors in insomnia
- Insomnia and threat-monitoring
- Is insomnia even a sleep disorder?
- Does sleep quality deteriorate with age?
- Should I avoid exercise in the evenings?
- Intention is everything when it comes to sleep.
You can follow Daniel Erichsen online in the following places:
Get the latest Minds&Mics episodes as soon as they're released
If you enjoyed this episode of Minds&Mics and want to get notified whenever new episodes are released, you can join Nick's free weekly newsletter here →