Li Jin and Nathan Baschez chat with Blake Robbins, Partner at Ludlow Ventures. Blake is one of the most trusted voices in eSports, the creator economy, and anything that touches new media. He knows more about the rise of YouTube stars and how content creation is changing on these new platforms than almost everyone else in venture capital.
A Forbes 30 Under 30 recipient, Blake became a Partner at Ludlow Ventures a few years out of college after stints at Google, Nest and SpaceX.
In this interview, we talk to Blake about:
- The advantages of living and investing from Detroit, Michigan
- The biggest issues for creators and what companies are solving those problems
- Whether OnlyFans can go mainstream
- What dynamics about fandom Twitch uniquely captures
- Request for startups in the creator economy
Show theme music: Compassion by Stefan Kartenberg