Li Jin and Nathan Baschez interview Erik Berlin and Leah Culver, the co-founders of Breaker, a social podcasting app. Breaker was founded in 2017 and is the only podcast app on the market built around social discovery. They’ve also expanded to enable podcasters to host and monetize their content.
We cover topics including:
- What is needed to make podcasting mainstream in the US?
- What was the original thesis behind Breaker, and how has it evolved over time?
- Spotify's podcasting strategy
- Paid/subscription podcasts
- What are the learnings from Luminary Media?
- What innovations in the open podcasting ecosystem are needed?
Means of Creation is brought to you by the Everything bundle!
Show theme music: Compassion by Stefan Kartenberg