Polina Marinova offers the perfect upgrade to your reading diet. She writes The Profile: a newsletter of the world’s greatest people and companies in business, entertainment, tech, sports, and more. Previously, she was an editor at Fortune Magazine, writing Term Sheet, their daily newsletter covering deals and dealmakers.
She reads literally millions of words every year to find the best profiles to share with her audience. In each piece she writes, Polina always asks, “Will the reader learn something from this?” If the answer is no, she doesn’t include it.
In this interview, we talk to Polina about:
- The decision to walk away from a prestigious journalism job to work full-time on The Profile
- The dream scenario for The Profile
- The other creators that she looks up to
- Balancing publishing a lot vs. publishing the best
- Something surprising that she’s changed her mind about recently
And much more!
Show theme music: Compassion by Stefan Kartenberg