Feb 5, 2020
2. Affording Travel an Interview with Danielle Desir
In episode 2 of The Purpose of Money Podcast, I catch up with Danielle Desir, the creator of The Thought Card, an award-winning blog and podcast. Danielle is a financially savvy traveler, who has explored 27 countries and knows a lot about money too.
While Danielle was off becoming a globetrotter, she also successfully paid off $63,000 in student loans in just four years and became a homeowner by age 27. Recently, Women Of Color Podcasters, a group she also founded, was featured in the New York Times.
Danielle inspired me to start my podcast, and I am so fortunate to have Danielle on the show. In our interview, she shares her perspective on finances and travel, homeownership, discusses her new book, Affording Travel, and more.
In this episode, you will learn:
* How to fit travel into your budget
* What it’s like exploring China as a woman of color
* Tips to help you communicate while you travel when there is a language barrier
* How to get ahead on your mortgage
* The best time to find travel deals
* What two books you must read in 2020, and more.
For the full show notes and information about more resources mentioned in this episode click here.
Subscribe to The Purpose of Money so you never miss an episode.