Sep 20, 2021
Who‘s afraid of epistemic diversity?
In this special episode, twelve scholars of science advice discuss the challenges of incorporating a radically diverse range of perspectives into a science advice process. This conversation was recorded as part of the INGSA 2021 conference on global science advice, and is moderated by Estelle Balian. Speakers in order of appearance
* Jacopo Torriti, Professor of Energy Economics and Policy, School of the Built Environment, University of Reading
* Tuula Teeri, President of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, Chair of Euro-CASE
* Diana Ürge-Vorsatz, Professor, Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy Central European University, member of the IPCC and member of SAPEA energy working group
* Jennie Stephens, Director of the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs and the Dean’s Professor of Sustainability Science and Policy, Northeastern University
* Thomas Bauwens, Senior Researcher and Lecturer at the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development,…