In this month's podcast, Editor-in-Chief of Injury Prevention, Dr Rod McClure, talks with Professor Fred Rivara, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Washington, School of Medicine. They explore what is unique about Injury Prevention as a field, and where this field integrates with the more general world of public health. They also discuss leadership in injury prevention and the major challenges ahead.
Some of Professor Fred Rivara's latest papers:
- A Qualitative study on diverse perspectives and identities of firearm owners - https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/28/5/434
- Concussion education for youth athletes using Pre-Game Safety Huddles: a cluster-randomised controlled trial - https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/early/2022/09/16/ip-2022-044665
- Predictors of health-related quality of life following injury in childhood and adolescence: a pooled analysis - https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/28/4/301
- Association of state-level intoxicated driving laws with firearm homicide and suicide - https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/28/1/32
- Age, period and cohort effects in firearm homicide and suicide in the USA, 1983–2017 - https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/27/4/344
Please subscribe to the Injury Prevention Podcast via all podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher and Spotify.
If you enjoy our podcast, please consider leaving us a review and a 5-star rating on the Injury Prevention Podcast iTunes page (https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/injury-prevention-podcast/id942473946). Thank you for listening!