Ep 154 - We're Quite Comfortable In Our Boring Flat Yarra River Skin
Join Caroline Wilson and Corrie Perkin for Ep 154.
This week Corrie's in the studio while Caro joins us remotely from Sydney, having finally been able to visit family in NSW.
This week we discuss post-lockdown holidays and ponder what holidays will look like in 2021. The Melbourne v Sydney rivalry seems to be alive and well and Corrie has a theory about what's behind it. Plus we pick our Top 3 Road Trips to tackle in the next few months.
This week in *The Cocktail Cabinet for Prince Wine Store* Caro and Corrie share their favourite *Foolproof Summer Cocktails. *
*Prince Wine Store* bringing Melbournians, the greatest wine in the world and delivering Australia Wide. www.Prince Wine Store.com.au To receive a special listener discount enter the promo code MESS (as in Messenger) at checkout to receive your discount and tell the Prince team that Caro and Corrie sent you!
Corrie's 'Crush of the Week' this week is both *Dolly Alderton* and *Pandora Sykes* from The High Low podcast on their announcement that they'll be winding up their hugely successful podcast.
* Caro's really enjoying reading _Exciting Times_ by Naoise Dolan (available at My Bookshop HERE).
* Corrie recommends watching _Finding Your Feet_ on Netflix
* For easy pass-around food this Summer - try Will's Pickled Cucumbers or Corrie's favourite Zucchini and Halloumi Fritters (see recipes below).
This week in our *Click for Vic Spotlight* Corrie's been buying MORE Victorian Olive Oil - this time from *Oakdene Vineyards* on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Click for Vic - Get the best of Victoria delivered at www.visitvictoria.com/clickforvic or HERE.
Let us know about your wonderful Victoria recomendations or Click for Vic gems via our socials or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For videos and pics make sure you follow us on Instagram or Twitter @DontShootPod.
Email the show via email@example.com.
Like our Facebook page and hit 'Sign Up' to receive weekly updates HERE.
Don't Shoot the Messenger is produced by Corrie Perkin, Caroline Wilson and produced, engineered and edited by Jane Nield for Sports Entertainment Network.
Thanks to Clementine Donohoe for additional social media support. You can follow @clemmiedonohoe on Instagram HERE.
*Will’s Pickled Cucumbers*
Two telegraph cucumbers very thinly sliced
Mix two tablespoons of table salt in with the sliced cucumbers, cover in glad wrap and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Rinse then lay on a tea towel
1 cup of water
1 cup of white vinegar
1 tablespoon of good chardonnay white wine vinegar
Squeeze of lemon.
2 heaped teaspoons of white sugar
Cook up the pickling liquid in a saucepan til it boils then allow to cool.
Place the sliced cucumbers in a big jar, add one chili thinly sliced and de-seeded on top. Pour the pickling syrup over the cucumbers and store in the fridge. They can be eaten straight away.
*Zucchini & Haloumi Fritters* from Taste.com.au HERE.
* 300g (about 6 small) zucchini
* 1 onion, grated
* 250g haloumi, grated
* 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
* Light olive oil, to fry
* Salt flakes, to serve
* Aioli or similar to serve
* Coarsely grate the zucchinis, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place in a bowl and add the onion, haloumi cheese, flour, lemon rind, eggs and dill. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Form the zucchini mixture into about 25 bite-size patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm.
* Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
* Serve the fritters warm with the aioli and a little sea salt.