Today I bring you a conversation jam-packed with golden nuggets from Andrew Butow of Earth2Mars. Our topic of conversation is Leading Successful change and covers so many aspects of change ranging from inclusion through to the tole of technology.
Our conversation begins with Andrew sharing how his growing up in South Africa shaped his whole philosophy on change and a warning – if you don’t like space-based puns – cover your ears!
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
- How Earth2Mars came to be named
- How Andrew’s growing up in South Africa influenced his approach to change
- The power of a unified and clear vision for change
- Why Elon Musk is a leadership role model for Andrew
- The mission of Earth2Mars
- The changing face of leadership in change
- The role of inclusion in successful change
- How technology is changing the change space
- The power of vulnerability in leadership
- Embracing not replacing!
- Embracing resistance and uncertainty
- Contextualising the meaning of change
- Real talk!
- Psychological safety in successful change
- Human Centred Design approaches
- Elevating Change Management to Change Leadership
- The power of collaboration and design thinking
- How Human Centred Design and technology can accelerate the change process
- Why NOW is the most exciting time to be in the change space
Andrew mentioned a number of resources here:-
Documentary (Netflix) The Edge of all we Know
Earth2Mars courses (Public and in house)
Connect with Andrew on LinkedIn
Connect with Hyugo on LinkedIn
The Earth2Mars Space for Change group on LinkedIn