Apr 3, 2023
Pete Sena - Designing a Career in the Green Zone
Pete Sena shares his story of building a design agency from scratch, how he’s become a better person and leader along the way, and why each of us need to know our unique value.
* What led a 'scrawny, introverted, nerdy kid’ to take up martial arts?
* What question does every designer need a compelling answer to?
* How has your self-image and what you value changed over-time?
* Do design leaders need to sacrifice personal time to stay relevant?
* How can something that we’re great at be not great for us?
Who is Pete Sena?
Pete is a serial entrepreneur and design executive who advises founders and CEOs on how to create design-driven cultures; the kind that help them to discover and explore new growth opportunities for their businesses.
In 2004, when he was still in college, Pete founded Digital Surgeons - an independent demand design consultancy, based in Connecticut, USA.
Digital Surgeons now employs over 50 people, has a fully-integrated and self-sufficient leadership team, and has created award-winning work for brands such as Google, United Technologies, Epic Games, the US Open and Lady Gaga.
Pete is also the Co-Founder of ThinkFWD, a community of innovative business owners who are invited to lean into their curiosity and become true catalysts for positive change within their teams, social circles and society at large.
As someone who leads by example, Pete is also a Venture Mentor at Yale University and an entrepreneur-in-residence at his alma mater, the University of Connecticut, in the Technology Incubation Programme.
Find Pete here:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petersena/ Website: https://www.petesena.com/ Medium: https://petesena.medium.com/
The Green Zone Framework: https://bit.ly/405SohZ
Digital Surgeons: https://www.digitalsurgeons.com/
Liked what you heard and want to hear more? Subscribe and support the show by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen).
Follow us on our other social channels for more great Brave UX content!
* YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TheSpaceInBetween/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-space-in-between/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thespaceinbetw__n/
Hosted by Brendan Jarvis:
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendanjarvis/
* Website: https://thespaceinbetween.co.nz/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/brendanjarvis/