In this episode we meet Vasco Carto, the man behind Cork Crafts.
We'll be covering:
- Vasco's background, from Portugal to County Cork.
- How cork products are made, from tree to shelf.
- How cork compares to leather.
- The unsustainable side of the cork industry: illegal labour and cheap production
- How to diffrenciate between 'counterfeit' cork and legitimate, sustainable cork.
Follow him on Instagram and Facebook to keep an eye out for his upcoming markets. And let us know if you have any feedback!
Ceara x Get bonus content on Patreon
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.