A message from our sponsor
Do you struggle with communicating with dev teams and understanding technical terminology and concepts? On episode 98, I hosted Irene Yu, founder of Skiplevel, an on-demand training program that helps professionals and teams become more technical in just 5 weeks... All without learning to code. Learn the knowledge and skills you need to better communicate with devs and become more confident in your day-to-day role with the Skiplevel program. Go to Skiplevel.co and use code OKIP75 to get $75 off the program in the next 30 days.
About this Episode
An interview with Tessa Kriesel & Wesley Faulkner. Tessa & Wesley are passionate advocates for the craft of Developer Relations (DevRel), building communities and supporting users of products aimed at developers.
We talk about a lot, including:
- What DevRel is, what they love about it and how there's not one boring DevRel person in the world
- Their journeys into DevRel and whether there's a standard career path for people trying to get into the trade
- The types of companies that need DevRel teams and how the concept of "developer-first" and "developer plus" products informs when you need to spin up a DevRel team
- Where DevRel sits within the organisation, the other functions it intersects with and whether it's really just a part of marketing
- Why it matters that business leaders understand the true value of DevRel rather than seeing them as one team to do just about anything that comes up
- Whether we need DevRel at all when the vast majority of PMs claim to be technical enough to talk to developers anyway
- The ways that DevRel and Product teams can work together, some of the things that DevRel teams need from PMs & what they can give back in return
And much more!
Contact Tessa or Wesley (or both!)
If you want to catch up with Tessa, you can reach out to her on Twitter, on Polywork, at TessaKriesel.com or check out Devocate
If you want to catch up with Wesley, you can reach out to him on Twitter, on Polywork or check out his podcast Community Pulse.