An interview with Abisoye Falabi. Abisoye is a passionate technologist, community builder and educator who is currently Senior Product Manager at TradeDepot, a Nigerian commerce and fintech platform.
We talk about a lot, including:
- His work with TradeDepot, the problems they solve and their plans to go pan-African
- Some of the challenges of moving across borders into new territories and how this affects scaling
- How he started out in tech and moved to product management after seeing how developers were disconnected from customers & stakeholders
- His various roles spanning tech & product, and whether he agrees that having a CPTO is good or not
- Why it's important for Africans to make software solutions for Africans, and how they have to be 100x better than established solutions
- Some of the challenges in building products for the African market, and how they might be addressed
- Some of the common mistakes VC firms make when investing in African tech, and some of the opportunities they are missing
- His passion for education, how he teaches to learn, and some of his work with community building and working on courses for Pluralsight
And much more!
You can reach out to Abisoye on LinkedIn or Twitter.