An interview with Wes Bush. Wes is the founder of ProductLed, a company aiming to teach the world how to build products that sell themselves. He's also the author of the book "Product-Led Growth".
We speak about a lot, including:
- How a career in B2B SaaS working in demand generation started to make him suspect that there was another way to generate demand
- How his passion for simplifying led him to start simplifying product onboarding to allows users to get to value sooner
- The problems of moving from sales-led to product-led when you haven't spent any time on your product's UX
- The problems of enterprise "whale hunting" leading to products that are overcomplicated and difficult to use
- How a desire to get to the heart of the problem, and teach his clients, led to writing a leading book on product-led growth
- Whether salespeople should feel threatened by product-led growth, or whether it's an opportunity for them
- How product-led growth affects the marketing team and whether it's the end of traditional marketing
- Whether some companies are just not ready to become product-led, and some of the reasons it doesn't make sense to be so
- How companies know when it's time to transition from sales-led to product-led, and the first steps to take
- Whether there are some types of companies that actually want to be sold to and would resist product-led approaches
And much more!
Buy Product-Led Growth
"Discover the fundamentals of Product-Led Growth and how you can turn your product into a growth engine, widen your funnel, and dominate your market while cutting your customer acquisition costs."
Visit the book website or check it out on Amazon or Goodreads.
You can contact Wes on Twitter, LinkedIn or productled.com.