An interview with Candice Poon. Candice is a Program Manager at Microsoft (which is really a Product Manager at any other company) working on Microsoft Edge. Candice recently caused a stir on Twitter when she tweeted about her experience being prevented from signing up to Clubhouse because of her name.
We speak about a lot, including:
- What it's like working for Microsoft and ensuring Internet Explorer stays in its coffin
- Whether being called a Program Manager is confusing and whether she still gets invited to Product Manager parties
- How she felt being blocked from signing up to Clubhouse and whether it's happened before
- How Clubhouse responded and whether the response was satisfactory
- Some of the reasons why people have blind spots when developing products and what we should do to fix them
- How Microsoft are promoting diversity & what's left to do
- The importance of mixing tech and non-tech skills to further diversify your experience
And much more!