An interview with Samuel Ogunkoya. Samuel is a product management intern at ProducteevTech, a product development agency. Samuel started his career as a physiotherapist before deciding to focus on a different type of user pain, and shares some of his learnings from his journey so far.
We talk about a lot, including:
- How he serendipitously landed his first product management job
- What made him decide to switch from physiotherapy into product management in the first place
- How his passion for people and his broad interest in technology has affected both parts of his career
- Whether his interest in product management was useful in his physiotherapy career, and how he treated his services as a product
- How his experience with patients and patients' families helped him develop empathy that he now takes forward to his users & stakeholders
- How he developed a strong dislike for micromanagement from past experience, and how he pushes against this in his product management career
- The resources he used to skill up in product management, and how he prefers hands on sessions to book training
- How he explained product management to his friends and family and how they reacted when he told them about the change
- Advice for others following him into product management
You can find Samuel on Twitter, LinkedIn or Samuel's website.