Episode 22 of the game dev's podcast features Elaine Gomez a Game Designer at Brass Lion Entertainment based out of New York City.
Elaine Gómez is an award-winning game designer currently working at Brass Lion Entertainment with 5 years of experience in gameplay and systems design. She is one of the six co-founders of Latinx in Gaming and supports the non-profit organization with game development-related initiatives and resources. Elaine is passionate about mentorship and often lends her design knowledge and resources to serve young game developers across the globe.
- (00:00) Episode Origin Notes
- (02:57) Homeland Talk
- (09:17) Elaine’s Roots & Hustling to Get On
- (17:28) Design Portfolio
- (26:03) Designing In The Pandemic
- (32:57) Being Your Authentic Self
- (45:16) Soft Skills Are Essential
- (51:46) Emotional Intelligence & Self-Advocating
- (01:08:14) Founding a Family in Latinx in Gaming
- (01:14:42) Representation & Women in Design
- (01:28:27) Academics & Graduate Programs
- (01:39:09) Final Round Games
- (01:52:26) UX in Beyond Blue